Friday 2 March 2012

One relaxed evening


Moving forward from a recent post that was all about strengthening and valuing our friendship based relationships, a few days ago, two of my close friends threw a little soiree for a bunch of old school friends. My friends, Miranda and Rachel have gotten the party hosting down pat, putting on a mean BBQ and decorating the heck out of their house with fairy lights. Impressed? Yeah you are.

It was a really great evening to catch up and check in with some dear friends, some of whom were once the most important people in my life, but through one way or another, life has gotten the best of us and our lives have drifted apart. There is something exciting and humbling about being reminded about whom you were in high school and what you did, even though it wasn’t that long ago. Having been a bit all over the shop with my life lately, having a chat with a few certain people really gave me a good shot in the arm and reminded me about the things I value in myself. Sometimes you really need to listen to the people around you because even though we are great at assessing our own strengths and weaknesses, we are each our own best critics. Friends have the benefit of hindsight and sometimes their special insight and support is really just what you need. They have a strange combination of closeness and distance that during a crisis, we might not always have. Love and treasure those around you because The Beatles were right, “I get by with a little help from my friends”. 

Photo credits: Jenni Chen









No comments:

Post a Comment