Thursday 2 February 2012

Melbourne!

        So I have just come back from a little holiday down to Melbourne for about a week and a bit and unfortunately I didn't bring my laptop down so I couldn't post anything about my trip! So I am going to fill this little post in about my time down there retrospectively. Don't hate...
       I actually had the most amazing time down there, albeit a very sweaty and exhausting time, but still a good one. You see the weather (how talking about the weather, am I really that boring?) in Sydney has been a horrible wet and cold summer and Melbourne was a bright and sunny 35 degrees and I was dying. God I packed jumpers and pants (and trust a girl when she says she only owns three pairs of pants because she just never wears them and whilst I didn't wear them- as predicted- I brought those little suckers down!) thinking it would be similar//colder weather than Sydney. Rookie mistake.
    So besides the weather and me getting a little cranky about the heat and problems with our accommodation and flights and just other silly-should-know-better travelling bits, everything went nice and smoothly. I was down there for Australia Day and my friend Flic, and I, found ourselves meandering through the Yarra Valley, enjoying a wine or seven at a few different wineries. Actually I died from how amazing some of the vino I had and just the atmosphere was sublime. I got to visit: Yering Farm, this adorable old school winery, where the grapes are hand picked and they only release a small number of bottles each year; Yering Station, which was the first winery in Australia to win an international award for excellence in wine; Rochford, where there was this amazing band setting up and I got this adorable older American couple slow dance. The backdrop of a large green expanse, the buzzing from the alcohol and this adorable, quaint American duo waltzing to classic Australian rock on our National holiday- it was beautiful; and finally Domain Chandon- one of four subsidiaries of the Moet et Chandon house, so yeah the sparkles went aiight.

Here are a few little cute snaps of one of my many days in paradise and for the record I don't claim to be a photographer, I just enjoy documenting life and am partial to a sneaky photo or two (like my snap shot of aforementioned Americans):




....and did I mention that at one of the wineries, Flic and I found these beautiful, little, silver metal butterflies just laying out in the middle of nowhere, on top of a wooden table. Lucky charms?


No comments:

Post a Comment